| City Clerk's Office, 1 Junkins Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801, Phone: (603) 610-7245 , Fax: (603) 610-4158 |

City Clerk's Home 

City Ordinances 

Noise Control Ordinance  


Elected City Officials 

Election Results 

Boards & Commissions 

Birth, Marriage and Death Records 

Licenses and Permits 

Voting Information 

City Charter  

City Council Revised Orders 

State and National Representation  

Room Reservation Municipal Complex 

Directions to City Hall 

Sidewalk Performer Guidelines 

City Clerk's Office

Portsmouth Board and Commission Vacancies


The following is a listing of vacancies for various Boards and Commissions.  If you are interested in applying for a Board or Commission, please complete an application and submit it to the City Clerk’s Office.

If you have any questions, please contact the Mayor’s Office or the Office of the City Clerk.

  • 1 Alternate Member to the Building Code Board of Appeals – The vacancy to be filled would need to be (1) a mechanical engineer or master plumber and (2) electrical engineer or master electrician
  • 1 Member to the Portsmouth Economic Loan Development Program Board (PEDLP)


Click here to download the Boards and Commissions Application Form

If you are interested in any of the above vacant positions, please fill out an
application form and mail it in to:

Portsmouth City Hall
Attention: Mayor's Office
1 Junkins Ave
Portsmouth, NH-03801.

For further information please contact the City Clerk's Office at cityclerk@cityofportsmouth.com or call (603) 610 7245.


Updated 3/22/2017