Targeted Aid Solution- Legislative proposal
The Coalition Communities support House Bill 684, targeted aid grants legislation, to solve the education funding dilemma.
- To read House Bill 684, please click here
- To see the highlights of House Bill 684, click here
- To read the testimony of Rep. Edmond Gionet before the House Education Committee, click here. To read the testimony of Mayor Evelyn Sirrell, click here
- To read why the Targeted Aid Grants legislation meets the objectives of the Claremont court rulings, please click here
- To see why Opinion of the Justices, 145 NH 474 (2000) (King Plan) does not bar the Targeted Aid approach of our proposal, click here:
- To see an example of how the formula would work for full targeted aid for one community, please click here. For more detail on why certain factors are used, please click here.
- To show your support for the Targeted Aid Proposal, please write a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper. Click here for details
- To view the complete Targeted Aid Grants legislative package introduced in the 2003 legislative session please click here