Frequently Asked Questions
What does RBDigital offer?
- Read complete digital editions of current popular magazines
- Enjoy interactive elements in each issue like audio and video
- Access anytime, anywhere on PCs, Macs, or mobile devices
- Keep as many magazines as you want, for as long as you want
- Download magazines to your mobile device for offline reading
Getting Started with RBDigital Magazines
You'll need a few things things to check out and read digital magazines:
- Your library card
- A supported web browser
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher
- Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Safari 5 or higher
- An account at rbdigital.com/portsmouthnh to browse, check out, and read magazines
- The RBDigital Reader app (if you're reading on a mobile device)
Don’t worry - you can register for the necessary accounts as you find and check out your first issue. If you've got your library card and an internet connection, just start browsing!
Download the RBDigital Guide for more information.
How can I read the magazines I check out?
There are two ways to read magazines: Online in a browser on a PC or Mac, or download them for offline reading in the RBDigital app on your iPad or Android device.
How do I download magazines to my mobile device?
- If you have not already done so, create your RBDigital acount at https://www.rbdigital.com/portsmouthnh/service/magazines/landing by clicking Create New Account in the top right corner
- Download the RBDigital app for your device.
- Sign in to the app with your country (United States), state (New Hampshire), and library (Portsmouth Public Library), and use the same email and password combination that you created in step one.
- Browse, check out, and download magazines right in the app.
- For more help with specific devices, visit www.rbdigital.com/portsmouthnh/help/magazines-faq.
How do I find the RBDigital for Libraries app for devices other than iPad or Android?
Win8 mobile device and PC/Mac apps are available through Zinio.com and require a SEPARATE Zinio.com Commercial Account. If you use the commercial apps and log in with the same email address, the magazines you have checked out with your library’s RBdigital service will appear alongside any magazines you may have personally subscribed to on the commercial side of Zinio.com. Of course, you can always browse, check out, and read magazines directly in your device’s browser.”
Will I have to place a hold request for popular titles?
No, multiple library users may check out the same issue at once.
How many magazines may I check out at a time?
You may check out as many as you like. There is no limit on the number of issues you can check out at any given time.
Do I have to return issues I've checked out? Will they expire before I'm done reading them?
No. You can hang on to the issues you've checked out for as long as you like and delete them from your zinio.com account when you're done. Here's how you can delete issues from your account:
On a browser: Sign into your account. Click on My Collection, then click the small trash can and confirm that you want to remove the title from your reading list. In the app: Tap the X on each downloaded magazine you want to delete.
Can I get back issues? Can I request the next issue?
Some titles do include back issues that you may check out from the "Back Issues Available" link under the title. However, you won't be able to request issues before they are published.
Where can I get the RBDigital for Libraries app for my particular device?
Where can I get the commercial Zinio app for my particular device?
The RBDigital app is available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire devices. If you have a different type of device, you may still be able to access PPL's digital magazine collection by downloading the commercial Zinio app and logging in with your RBDigital account.
I'm having trouble. Where can I find help?