Holiday Parade Food Drive Wish List 2012
We are urging participants in the Dec. 1 Portsmouth Annual Illuminated Holiday Parade and spectators, alike, to bring items to contribute to the “Caring Christmas” Food Drive benefitting local food pantries. Below is a “wish list” of items that would be appreciated!
Volunteers pushing shopping carts will travel along the parade route to retrieve donations from spectators during the parade, which steps off at 6 p.m. from Plaza 800. There also will be a place to leave donations at the Reviewing Stand in Market Square.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Cold Cereal: low sugar
- Soups: Chunky with meat
- Canned vegetables
- Quick bread mixes
- Canned Fruit: no sugar added or low sugar
- Condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressings
- Rice: brown/white/boxed
- Granola bars
- Healthy Snacks for adults and/or kids
- Oil: canola/vegetable/olive
- Beans: dry and canned
- Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate
- Laundry detergent, dish soap, shampoo, deodorant
- Toilet Paper, tissues, paper towels
- Denture adhesive and cleaner
- Baking supplies
If you have questions, contact 610-7281 or firstname.lastname@example.org