New Library Project
Section 106 Process
Schedule for New Library
New Library Home Page
Sustainability Home Page
KEY ACTIONS BY CITY BOARDS
JUNE 2001 -- FEBRUARY 2002
PRIOR TO START OF SECTION 106 PROCESS
- July 18, 2001 New Library Building Committee votes 10 to 1 to "Reaffirm the JFK site as the New Library Building Committee's preferred site."
- August 6, 2001 City Council votes to "commence a conceptual design for a library at the JFK site, and have a complete traffic study done regarding the placement of the library at that location and then proceed with the regulatory process."
- January 24, 2002 Planning Board conducts public hearing and votes unanimously to recommend approval of the Armory/JFK to the City Council as a suitable site.
- February 4, 2002 City Council votes in favor of a resolution authorizing a bond issue up to $7 million for the new library.
- November 21, 2002 City's Traffic and Safety Committee votes to approve the site plan for the library at the Armory/JFK site.
- February 6, 2003 City's Planning Board votes to unanimously approve construction of a library at the Armory/JFK site.
- September 7, 2004 Technical Advisory Committee votes to recommend approval of the amended site plan to the Planning Board.
- September 23, 2004 Planning Board votes unanimously to grant amended Site Review Approval.