Date of Release: October 19, 2012
Reference: Citizens Police Academy - Application Period Closing
The Portsmouth Police Department will be hosting our Citizens Police Academy sponsored by Seacoast Crime Stoppers. This collaborative effort will involve the seacoast communities and police departments of Greenland, Rye, Newington and New Castle; the academy will begin October 30th, 2012 and will run on Tuesday nights for the following eight weeks. Applications are available at the Portsmouth Police Department or on the Seacoast Crime Stoppers website at www.seacoastcrimestoppers.org. We will stop accepting applications on Friday the 26th of October.
The goals of the Citizens Police Academy are:
- To bring citizens closer to their police departments.
- To bring a greater understanding of the role of the Police officer in the community.
- To provide a forum to address community concerns direct to the Police Departments.
- To expand the participants understanding of the laws and police procedure.
- To increase the public awareness of crime prevention techniques.
THERE IS NO FEE to the participants. The academy is wholly underwritten by Seacoast Crime Stoppers. The course outline is subject to change based on availability and department activity that day.
For more information you can contact Sergeant Tom Grella or Deputy Chief Corey MacDonald at the Portsmouth Police Department at 603-427-1500 or e-mail at email@example.com or on the web at www.seacoastcrimestoppers.org.