The design for this project includes a comprehensive full road reconstruction and underground utility replacement in Maplewood Avenue from Woodbury Avenue to the Maplewood Avenue Bridge over the Route 1 bypass. The streetscape design on Maplewood evaluates the use of "complete street" components to improve safe access for pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, and public transportation users of all ages and abilities. Also, the Cutts Street/Central Avenue, and Leslie Drive, and Fairview Drive neighborhoods are included in the design, including utility and roadway improvements. The utility component includes replacement of water and review the need for sewer and drain improvements throughout the project area.
The City received bids in March and has awarded the construction contract to Sargent Corporation of Stillwater, ME. Sargent is scheduled to begin construction the week of July 9th. The project is anticipated to require two construction seasons to complete.
The project limits of the construction contract awarded includes Maplewood Avenue spanning the Woodbury Avenue intersection to the Maplewood Avenue Bridge over the Route 1 Bypass and the adjacent street of Fairview Drive. Design alternates included in the bid (Cutts/Central and Leslie Drive neighborhoods) are not included in this construction contract. The results of the bid pricing was such that this City does not have available funding at this time. The City will be evaluating future funding options over the next two years to determine if the construction of these additional adjacent areas can proceed as part of the contract.
The lead contact for this project is Raymond Pezzullo, the City's Assistant City Engineer. Please contact him at 603-766-1755 or email@example.com with any comments or concerns.
WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Anticipated Upcoming Work: Week of 10/22/18
- The Contractor will be working Monday through Friday of this week from 7 AM to 6 PM.
- The Contractor will be continuing to install the drainage system within the Phase 2 limits (Edmond Avenue to McGee Drive).
- The Contractor will begin to chlorinate and test the installed water main within the Phase 2 limits (Edmond Avenue to McGee Drive).
- Sewer main and utility conduit installation will take place on Woodbury Ave. See below for traffic impacts.
- The Contractor will be performing test pits within the limits of Phase 3 (McGee Drive to Woodbury Avenue).
- Material deliveries will be ongoing to the site including pipe, drainage structures, aggregate, etc.
- On Monday and Tuesday, Woodbury Avenue will have one-way alternating traffic at the intersection with Maple Street, expect delays.
- A detour will be in place for Woodbury Avenue starting on Wednesday. The road will be closed, except for local traffic. The detour will span Woodbury Avenue from its intersection with Market Street to its intersection with the Route 1 Bypass. This detour is anticipated to begin Wednesday October 24th and last through Friday October 26th during work hours (7AM to 6PM). Woodbury Avenue will be reopened to traffic at the end of each day.
- While the Woodbury Avenue detour in in effect, Maplewood Avenue will be open to traffic. One-way alternating traffic patterns will be utilized for the work zones along Maplewood Avenue.
Work hours are from 7AM to 6 PM. Travel delays may be expected during these times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Resident Engineer, Ray Lavoie, at 207-576-1125 or Ray Pezzullo, P.E., Assistant City Engineer at 603-766-1755.
PROJECT DESIGN HISTORY
The following table lists public meetings and project milestones. If a specific date is not listed, the anticipated timeframe is indicated and the table will be updated as the project progresses.
Base Map of Project Area
2013 Water System Master Plan
2014 Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
City Council Complete Streets Policy
City Council Bicycle Friendly Community Policy
City Council Walk Friendly Community Policy
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PROJECT MAILING LIST
The City uses MailChimp to send e-mails to residents who wish to be informed of Project Updates.
* indicates required