Tax Collector Hours:
Monday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.,
Tuesday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.,
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Mission Statement - Tax Collection Office
The Purpose of the Tax Collection Office is to assure safe and accurate collection and timely deposit of city monies while serving customers in a professional and courteous manner. Please visit us on the second floor of City Hall for Tax Information, Vehicle Registration and Utility Payments.
Major Service Responsibilities for the Tax Collection Office
Late Payments of Real Estate Taxes
If you can't pay on time, payments will be accepted late, but interest will be charged. State law requires that the City charge 12% interest prorated on a daily basis on all balances due beyond the due dates. The City has no ability to waive this interest. Partial payments will not prevent interest from accruing on delinquent balances. Please call the Tax Office for further information.
PROPERTY TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS
The City currently the following payment options available for property tax customers:
- Credit cards are accepted at the Tax Collector's Office in City Hall, as follows:
- Visa*, Mastercard, Discover & American Express
- *Note: Visa is not accepted for Water Sewer bill payments (due to Visa's Government & Education Program restrictions).
- 2.95% Service Fees ($1.95 minimum fee) apply to all debit and credit card payments.
- Cash and check payments are accepted at the Tax Collector's Office in City Hall.
- An ATM is available. $2.25 fee per $400.00 withdrawal
- Checks by mail; the City encloses a self-addressed envelope with each billing. To expedite your payment processing, please include the payment stub with your payment.
- Check payments may be deposited in the white drop-off box located in front of City Hall. To expedite your payment processing, please include the payment stub with your payment.
- On-Line, by credit/debit card or by ACH transaction; Click Here
Tax Collector: Becky Benvenuti
Deputy Tax Collector: Ed Gioioso & Cathy James
Tax Office Clerks: Kerry Wolf & Deb Burns
1 Junkins Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801